Sometimes they are soo sweet!
Today was our Friday (Hallelujah!) and we had our Valentine's party. One of the activities I thought up for us to do before our party was to make Valentine's for some of the staff around the school that doesn't usually get as much attention/appreciation (teachers' aides, janitors, lunch ladies).
The kids were so cute decorating them. I got out my staff directory so that they could see the face of the person that they were making it for-we see people in school every day and may not even know their name! Then we set out to deliver our Valentines.
When we returned from our little trip, I wanted to check in and make sure that they understood why we would do something like this. I posed the question to my kiddos and their responses absolutely melted my heart.
One kiddo said, "to make people feel special and good."
Another, "we didn't want anyone to be forgotten."
We also talked about how it made us feel. I asked them if anyone was mad that they were delivering a Valentine. Of course they responded "NO!" like I was crazy. But then we discussed how people were surprised, touched, and excited to be receiving a gift.
What a great ending to a crazy week!
No comments:
Post a Comment