Why didn't I think of that?
Now, a little background information. I am on a journey of weight-loss. My kids are getting used to me drinking my Spark in class (they know it as my vitamins) and taking my MNS daily vitamins when the alarm goes off before lunch. Just a few weeks ago I started weight training with a trainer four days a week before school. Well on my first triceps/chest day, I thought I would die. I was not sure how I was going to make it through the day-couldn't life a pencil-HA! So I thought I would have a little talk with my kids about my hard work. I hoped it would be something that they could connect with, as I explained that just like reading is hard for them, I am working out. It's hard for me, but I want to be really strong, so I will keep going and not give up.
Well even though this particular child is very intelligent. She missed the connection. After my whole schpeel about working hard and giving it our best, she raises her hand. "Mrs. Otten? Maybe you just shouldn't pick up such heavy stuff!" Problem solved.
No comments:
Post a Comment